Is there a combination more classic than chocolate & strawberries? Maybe peanut butter & jelly or Oreos & milk, but I definitely prefer chocolate-covered strawberries over those two alternatives. For my friend’s 20th birthday, I made her chocolate-covered strawberries in place of cake, which she does not like (blasphemy!). They turned out beautifully; the photos really don’t do them justice. The best part is, the recipe is super easy! If I can make delicious chocolate-covered strawberries in my dorm room, I am absolutely positive that anyone can manage!
A pack of strawberries or around 15 berries
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or about half a 12 oz bag)
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 microwave-safe bowl
1 plate or pan
A length of aluminum foil OR anti-stick spray
1. Wash the strawberries and pat dry. Cover the plate/tray with foil OR spray with anti-stick spray.
2. Pour the chocolate chips and the heavy whipping cream in the microwave-safe bowl.
3. Microwave for one minute. Since all microwaves are different, STOP every 15 minutes and stir. The goal is for the chocolate chips to be soft and melted but relatively keep their shape; if they are not at the desired level after 1 minute, set the microwave another 30 seconds.
4. Once the chocolate chips are melted enough, stir. The concoction will look vile for a while as you stir; this is quite normal. Keep stirring for about a minute and the mixture will get smoother and look much prettier. Stir until smooth.
5. Dip each strawberry in the bowl until they are evenly coated with chocolate. Place them on the plate/tray. Lick the bowl!
6. Put the plate/tray in the fridge and cool for a couple of hours. Take out and enjoy!
**** If you are not willing to wait for the strawberries to cool, just dip and eat the strawberries immediately! This recipe makes a GREAT chocolate fondue! I do it all the time :) Yummmmm.
This is my first recipe, so I hope it works! I don’t measure anything when I cook, so these measurements are estimates. If they don’t work, let me know and I’ll try to alter them, but I’m confident that they are accurate.
Have a great rest of the week everyone! The weekend is almost upon us!